Continental U.S. for orders of $75+
Worldwide for orders of $325+
SHORT - for men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter
REGULAR - for men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall
LONG for men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller
Houndstooth ties, also known as Dogtooth or Pepita are a staple in a classic men's wardrobe. Traditionally, it is used for woolen sportcoats, tweeds, suits but also for silk ties.
Fort Belvedere redesigned the classic houndstooth tie, by using a richly textured bourette silk combining it with classic colors so you can look dapper no matter if you wear a navy or charcoal suit or a brown or green Donegal tweed jacket
1. Fabric. The bourette silk used for this tie has character and strong texture that is somewhat similar, yet different than shantung. Naturally, silk has different thicknesses and for bourette, it is desirable to have distinctly different yarns so you get a wonderful texture.
We had it woven in a slightly oversized houndstooth that works well with all striped, Glencheck, solid or pinpoints and needle head suit patterns.
The classic colors of Bottle Green and Pearl Gray are tied together with dark contrast and produce a unique and sophisticated look.
Exclusively woven for Fort Belvedere in Italy on heirloom looms, you will not find this fabric anywhere else.
2. Classic Pattern Reinvented. While traditional houndstooth, dogtooth or pepita ties and either printed or jacquard-woven in a smaller pattern, this bourette silk necktie adds a lot more character and texture not matter whether it is paired with a business suit, sportscoat or casual tweed jacket.
3. Handmade. These ties are entirely sewn by hand, which is important to lend tie the flexibility.
4. Outstanding Knot All Fort Belvedere ties are designed to form a stunning knot and feature classic 3-fold construction with Italian wool interlining. All is held together by a 3-ply silk thread from Germany in Fort Belvedere green.
5. Ties in 3 Sizes. Fort Belvedere offers 3 different sizes so that each man can attain the ideal proportions for their height.
Made so it could be worn with all classic suits and sports coats, the color scheme of bottle green and pearl is very understated yet very manly. Rather than using bright white as a contrast color, we opted for faint pearl gray because it helps to wear the tie with any kind of dark suits. It pairs fantastically with all kinds of shirt colors as well as tweeds, flannels and business suits alike. Most men start out with red and blue ties, maybe a yellow one but green is likewise timeless and a wonderful addition to any tie collection. Wear it with solid or patterned suits or sports coats for the best look. Avoid patterns that are similar in size, though due to the slightly oversized houndstooth pattern that should not be a concern at all. No matter if you need a tie for spring-summer outfits or fall/winter, casual or business - this tie will get a lot of use, promised.
Begin by untying the knot it in the opposite way you tied it; never store ties knotted! Roll it up for a day to allow the wrinkles to relax, and then hang on a tie rack in your closet.
This tie comes in a heavy Fort Belvedere gift box.
If you have any questions, about tie sizes, or if you need help choosing a tie for yourself or if you want to buy it as a gift, please get in touch with us, we are more than happy to help you.
SKUs: 4054956017700 -S , 4054956017717 -self-tipped R , 4054956017724 -untipped R , 4054956017731 -L
|Size||Short, Regular, Long|
|Length||142cm,149cm or 156cm|
Estimated delivery by: