Continental U.S. for orders of $75+
Worldwide for orders of $325+
Sterling Silver Platinum Plated Eagle Claw Cufflinks with Malachite Balls
Cufflinks have been used for over a century to close men’s shirt sleeves, positioned, originally, at the top of the cuff before moving to the bottom. Through the decades, quality construction and elegant design have always set superlative cufflinks apart from mediocre cufflinks.
Classic cufflinks during the Golden Age of Menswear were designed to be works of art viewable from all sides. Therefore, both the front and back of the cufflinks were beautifully decorated on both the faces and the post, often with intricate details and even precious stones. Soon, however, the cheaper and easier-to-make T-bar cufflink gained prominence, and genuine double-sided cufflinks were worn only by menswear connoisseurs.
Believing that cufflinks are an extension of the style and personality of the wearer, Fort Belvedere has revived the classic, timeless, and elegant cufflinks that look just as lovely in the back as they do in the front, because every aspect of a gentleman’s wardrobe should be refined and beautiful.
Inspired by aquiline imagery that has proliferated for millennia as a symbol of strength and dignity, these cufflinks depict finely carved eagle’s claws grasping balls made from a semi-precious stone. Handcrafted by master jewelers, these cufflinks are intended to stand the test of time, both as a timeless style icon and in the literal sense.
1. Handmade Artisanal Construction. Just like a bespoke suit, the quality offered by a handmade piece of jewelry is beyond compare. These eagle claw cufflinks were inspired by the vintage masterpieces created by Jean Michel Schlumberger, who famously designed men’s cufflinks for Tiffany & Company. With that same dedication to craft, and a desire to emulate the elegant and timeless motif of the eagle, we designed and made our own cufflinks. At every stage of production, from the carving of the design, the casting of the metal, and the setting of the semi-precious stone ball, the work is done by hand.
2. Intricate Detail. Our unrivaled production process makes it possible to emphasize the tiniest details in these beautiful eagle claw cufflinks. Each cufflink is balanced with a post of sufficient length to ensure a secure, well-positioned fit with double-cuffed shirts that will not snag or catch on the buttonhole thanks to the perfectly sized balls at either end. The eagle’s claws are proportional and intricate, and each ball is securely set in place. The entire piece is also built to last and will become a treasured heirloom for your family for generations.
3. Quality Malachite. Beautifully veined, malachite has a gorgeous green color that makes it one of Raphael’s favorite stones. Because this semi-precious stone is natural, there will be subtle variations that make each stone unique, and your stones will vary from those seen in the pictures.
These cufflinks are sized according to the refined and understated conventions of the Golden Age of Menswear and were rigorously tested with shirts with cuff buttonholes ranging from 13 to 19 mm, or .5” to .75,” to ensure an elegant position and a secure hold. You can see how they sit firmly in a shirt cuff from the associated pictures, but for your reference, please find the exact dimensions below.
Length: 35mm or 1.38"
Large Ball Diameter: Approximately 12mm or 0.48"
Small Ball Diameter: Approximately 8mm - 0.32." Please note that the additional width created by the claws around the smaller ball ensures a secure fit within the cufflink buttonhole.
Weight: 14 grams.
4. Cast in Solid 925 Sterling Silver. The overwhelming majority of modern cufflinks are made hollow to save time and money. Because of our dedication to functionality and appearance, Fort Belvedere refused to compromise in this way and all of our cufflinks are cast in solid 925-fineness sterling silver. Not only does this give the cufflinks a pleasing heft in your hand, but the solid construction also improves durability and helps the cufflink sit securely in your sleeve.
5. Plated in Ethereal Platinum to Prevent Tarnishing. Silver is an elegant and refined metal, but it tarnishes quickly and unless cleaned extremely regularly, silver cufflinks can leave unsightly black stains on your shirt and cuffs. Therefore, these cufflinks have been plated with platinum, so you never have to worry about cleaning again. This thick plating also imparts a rich luster that will truly stand the test of time and allows you to enjoy the look and feel of solid platinum cufflinks at a fraction of the cost.
6. Timeless Design. With their fine carving and close attention to detail, these eagle claw cufflinks are truly works of art. By combining the organic and natural lines of the eagle’s claw with the smooth roundness of the semi-precious stone balls, these cufflinks can be easily dressed up or down to suit a variety of formalities. Their unique design is a welcome departure from the traditionally boring look of many dress cufflinks, and the ability to mix and match different metals and stones provides an almost unlimited color palette for various outfits and wardrobes.
7. Hypoallergenic & Nickel-Free. Most gold or platinum plating today contains nickel, an allergen that prevents many men from wearing plated jewelry. At Fort Belvedere, we have taken the extra step to ensure that none of our metal goods contain nickel, so even if you have had issues with other jewelry makers, you can confidently wear Fort Belvedere jewelry without concern or risk.
These cufflinks are designed to be worn with a double, or French, cuff. Traditionally, you should endeavor to match the other metals in your outfit, such as a wristwatch, belt buckle, collar jewelry, or rings, with the metal of your cufflinks.
Fort Belvedere carries these same cufflinks in both gold and silver to suit any ensemble. The balls are also available as Carnelian, Malachite, Tiger’s Eye, Lapis Lazuli, or Onyx stones, so they can harmonize effortlessly with looks in any color of the rainbow.
These cufflinks were intentionally designed to function at a variety of formalities with the widest possible range of looks. At the office, on a date, or just out and about, these eagle claw cufflinks will give you the confidence and dignified aire of the mighty eagle! They can be worn with dark or light suits, three-piece suits, casual ensembles, or sport coat combinations. They are a fantastic choice for everyday wear or for travel because they are so versatile. They are appropriate for any informal outfit and can even be worn with many formal ensembles.
For more information on cufflinks, check out our dedicated guide.
Complete Your Cufflink Collection
To ensure the greatest possible versatility for different formalities and occasions when assembling outfits either at home or while traveling, we encourage you to acquire examples of your eagle claw cufflinks in a variety of metals and with a variety of semi-precious stones. A sizable collection will make it very simple for you to pair these cufflinks with every item in your wardrobe.
To help you in this endeavor, we are happy to offer a discount of $60 when you buy two sets of cufflinks, $160 when you buy three sets, $350 when you buy 5 sets, and $700 when you buy 8 sets. Simply add the cufflinks to your cart and the savings will be applied automatically.
Don’t forget to peruse our selection of monkey’s fist cufflinks for even more styling options!
How To Care For These Cufflinks
With regular use, these cufflinks should not require any special cleaning and will naturally develop a beautiful, subtle patina that imparts personality and uniqueness. If desired, a quality precious metal cleaner can be used sparingly to bring out a brighter shine on the metal, but this is not necessary. These cufflinks are sturdy enough that you can wear them without concern and can look forward to passing them on to your children or even grandchildren.
If you have questions or need style advice in choosing a pair of cufflinks for yourself or someone else, let us know, we are happy to help.
|32mm - 1.25"
Estimated delivery by: