Continental U.S. for orders of $75+
Worldwide for orders of $325+
During the Golden Age of Menswear, no gentleman of style would step out in his formal finery without a pair of white formal gloves. Historically, pure-white leather was difficult to obtain, and a good alternative was slightly off-white Glacé Leather, dyed using alum, salt, egg yolk, wheat flour, grease, and water.
The sophisticated tone of our formal gloves is evocative of this stately color, and like all of our formal accessories, they are redolent with the glitz, glamor, and glory that once defined Classic formal menswear. The details are what separate an ordinary formal ensemble from an extraordinary formal ensemble, and when it comes to fine details, few things are finer than an immaculate pair of white gloves.
Today, it is the very rarity of these gloves that will make them such a special part of your look. Suitable for various formal occasions, these gloves can be worn during the day as part of a stroller or Morning Wear ensemble and in the evenings as part of a Black Tie or White Tie look. Because they are unlined, they are also truly year-round gloves. With their dignified simplicity, these gloves are sure to set you apart as a man of rarefied distinction and impeccable taste.
To help you find your glove size, we have created an in-depth video that shows exactly how to measure your hand and employ our size chart to determine your perfect fit every time.
As implied by the expression “to fit like a glove,” dress gloves were traditionally worn with a relatively tight fit to appear as trim and elegant as possible. Therefore, if you are in-between sizes, we generally recommend sizing down: as the leather stretches, it will conform perfectly to your hand’s dimensions.
Resplendent in dignified white, these formal gloves are intended to be worn with formal
ensembles. Such occasions include evening events like those in a Black Tie tuxedo or dinner jacket or White Tie in a tailcoat or day events that call for Morning Dress or a stately stroller suit.
These gloves can also add considerable formality to the dressiest of business suits, such as athree-piece suit in charcoal or navy. For greater visual interest and to be in keeping with the conventions of Classic Menswear, we encourage you to wear these white gloves only on formal occasions. For outfits that are lower on the formality scale, we suggest selecting a different pair of lined or unlined gloves that are more unique and colorful.
● Superior Italian Leather. Italy is renowned for its artisanal leather production, and these gloves are an example of this ancient heritage. Proper glove leather must be soft but durable, flexible but structured, and we have sourced a lamb nappa leather that does all of this is, and is exceptionally soft.
● Hand-Sewn. Sewn by Hungarian artisans who can only be described as glove-making virtuosos, these gloves are truly a work of art. Each pair takes hours to complete, and the clear pride that our craftsmen feel in their work is evident from the attentive detail that they lavish on every step of the sewing process.
● Button Closure. To ensure a good seal at the throat and a close fit overall, gloves historically featured a button closure at the wrist. As a cost-saving measure, this functionality has practically disappeared, but at Fort Belvedere, we are proud to reintroduce this important feature. Wrapped in leather, our button closure ensures that the glove sits tightly on the wrist so it lies neatly under your sleeve. For a dash of sprezzatura charm, however, you can leave your gloves nonchalantly unbuttoned for a more rakish appearance.
● Cashmere Lined. Alpaca and cashmere are the two best linings for gloves, the former being generally warmer and the latter being generally softer. Because these are dress-day gloves not necessarily intended for extreme temperatures, we decided to line this pair in deliciously soft cashmere. Left in its natural mottled oatmeal color, this cashmere was spun, plied, finished, and knitted in Italy according to our exacting standards to ensure a proper fit and maximum comfort.
Our [leather type] has been carefully sourced and tanned for longevity and durability, but there are simple steps that you can take to keep your gloves looking their best and feeling as
comfortable as possible for years to come.
● After wearing your gloves, store them flat with the fingers stretched out. Never leave your gloves balled up or crumpled.
● If a portion of your gloves gets wet, it may develop water stains. If an area of your gloves is darker than the rest after getting wet and then drying, wet the entire glove with clean water and then allow it to air dry for several days. The gloves will then be returned to their uniform appearance.
● In most cases, your gloves can be washed with just clean water. If you want to use a cleanser, we suggest a dedicated glove-leather cleaner or a very mild product like baby soap or shampoo. Never use artificial cleaners.
● Never wring your gloves dry. Instead, lay the gloves flat with the fingers extended on a towel and layer another towel on top to remove excess water. Then, air dry the gloves for a few days, keeping them clear of artificial heat sources like a radiator, hair dryers, and the like, because they could discolor or damage the leather.
● Note that after cleaning, your gloves may feel slightly stiff. Simply wear them regularly to break them back in and they shall return to their previous softness.
Signature Green Gift Box.
This product will arrive in one of our luxurious, well-made Fort Belvedere gift boxes. Featuring sturdy magnetic closures, this box is made in our iconic shade of forest green and displays the Fort Belvedere crest on the lid. While many gentlemen retain the box as the perfect storage, it is also suitable as a superlative presentation gift box.
Fine men's clothing and accessories have been our passion for over 20 years. If you have any questions or need assistance with accessories, please contact us!
7 4054956020557 | 7.5 4054956020564 | 8 4054956020571 | 8.5 4054956020588 | 9 4054956020595 | 9.5 4054956020601 | 10 4054956020618 |
Estimated delivery by: