Continental U.S. for orders of $75+
Worldwide for orders of $325+
- All Made by Hand
- 3 different sizes
- Shipped in Fort Belvedere gift box
Buy any 3 TIES get $75 off
Buy any 6 TIES get $175 off
Buy any 9 TIES get $295 off
Buy any 12 TIES get $435 off
SHORT - for men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter
REGULAR - for men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall
LONG for men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller
The Prince of Wales check, also known as glen check or glen plaid, Esterhazy or Glen Urquhart, was not invented by the Duke of Windsor but he wore it with such great elegance that it was quickly named after him. Although it can be seen with suits, caps and even socks it makes for a marvelous tie pattern. We also offer the same pattern of bow tie here.
1. Italian Silk. Fort Belvedere sources the silk from a small high-end silk weaver in Italy.
2. Handmade. The tie is entirely handmade and hand sewn and the lining is chosen to achieve a fantastic knot.
3. High quality finishing touches. untipped and self-tipped versions available, signature 3-ply silk yarn from Germany for durability.
4. Sized for Your Height. Fort Belvedere offers 3 different sizes so that each man can attain the ideal proportions for their height.
Most modern ties have thick interlinings and only allow for thick, bulky tie knots. With Fort Belvedere ties, you need not be limited to only one shape. Elegant gentlemen such as Prince Charles, or John F. Kennedy preferred worn smaller, elegant four-in-hand tie knots. Fort Belvedere allows you to tie small, regular and big tie knots! Choose the correct size tie for your stature for small and normal size tie knots, or chose the next longer tie for Balthus or double Windsor knots.
Solid grey or navy suits look very well with it and it also makes for a great business with a conservative three-piece suit. The navy is very dark looks great with pale blue shirts, but it also works with pastel shirts and any kind of solid color. Avoid finely patterned shirts with this tie because it would clash with the navy Prince of Wales check. In regard to suit patterns, combine the tie with solids, windowpanes and bold stripes for a particularly dapper look.
Begin by untying the knot it in the opposite way you tied it; never store ties knotted! Roll it up for a day to allow the wrinkles to relax, and then hang on a tie rack in your closet.
This tie comes in a heavy Fort Belvedere gift box.
If you have any questions, about tie sizes, or if you need help choosing a tie for yourself or if you want to buy it as a gift, please get in touch with us, we are more than happy to help you.
SKUs: 4054956000719 -S, 4054956000726 -untipped R, 4054956000733 -self-tipped R, 4054956000740 -L
|Size||Short, Regular, Long|
|Length||142cm,149cm or 156cm|
• UNTIPPED means the tie is handrolled and has no fabric backing. It requires a higher degree of craftsmanship and is a bit more casual.
• SELF-TIPPED Most ties are tipped using a cheaper fabric. We use the same fabric as the tie, which is more expensive and makes the tips a bit heavier. Better for a more formal look.
|SHORT||For men that are 5'8" - 173 cm or shorter|
|REGULAR||For men that are around 5'11 - 180cm tall|
|LONG||For men that are 6'3" - 190cm or taller|
Estimated delivery by: