Continental U.S. for orders of $75+
Worldwide for orders of $325+
The White Carnation Boutonniere
A fresh flower in a lapel buttonhole traditionally referred to as a boutonniere has been the hallmark of elegant gentlemen for centuries. Unfortunately, quality examples of this unique accessory are becoming increasingly difficult to find, and where they can be found, real flowers will inevitably wilt.
Therefore, Fort Belvedere set out to create a range of gorgeous boutonniere flowers that are beautiful to behold but safe from the ravages of wilting. Delicately handmade in Germany from authentic silk, these boutonnieres appear genuine even when viewed up-close, but are actually fabric and will never fade, wilt, or die.
With a Fort Belvedere boutonniere in your buttonhole, compliments are sure to come your way! And with considerable savings for bulk purchases, you will be amazed at how quickly your garden can grow: the more you spend, the more you save!
A boutonniere is the epitome of refined grace in menswear and, like the icing on a cake, is a detail that makes a huge impact on the rest of your outfit. There's a reason that superbly dressed gentlemen from all walks of life, including royals, statesmen, and stars of stage and the silver screen during the Golden Age of Menswear were often seen sporting these elegant accessories. Gentlemen of style such as Edward the Duke of Windsor, King Charles III, John F. Kennedy, Douglas Fairbanks, Maurice Chevalier, Clark Gable, and Fred Astaire all made boutonnieres a prominent component of their style and is one reason that even decades after their deaths, these men are still renowned for their sartorial sense and debonair presence.
Although almost exclusively associated with weddings, a lapel buttonhole flower is perfectly suitable for both day and evening wear during any season. Whether paired with suits, blazers, morning dresses, or evening clothes like a velvet jacket, tuxedo, or tailcoat, boutonnieres make a marvelous impression in the spring, summer, fall, or winter. And, of course, a gorgeous boutonniere is the perfect accessory for once-in-a-lifetime occasions like graduations, big promotions, birthdays, and anniversaries.
While a fresh, genuine boutonniere is lovely to see, few florists today can cut them correctly, and even properly prepared real boutonnieres will inevitably wilt. To change this, Fort Belvedere developed a growing collection of boutonnieres that are finely crafted by hand to appear genuine and authentic, but will never wilt and will always look as vibrant as if they were freshly cut flowers!
Carnations are very classic boutonniere flowers especially for black tie and white tie events but combined with a dark suit, they look just as stunning. Likewise, a carnation makes for a great companion to an overcoat. This carnation is carefully crafted from hand-dyed silk. Therefore the bottom of the petals has a hint of green, just like a real carnation. Overall, nobody will spot the difference once it is on your lapel. If this white carnation is too large for your tastes, we also offer a smaller version of the same flower here.
Carnations are available in a wide selection of shades to match the wedding colors or any occasion, although white and red carnation are the most common. We also have dark red carnation, purple carnation, yellow carnation, pink carnation, burgundy carnation, and pale green carnation.
The white carnation boutonniere is a great choice because of its versatility, you can combine it with any of our ties, or bow ties together with any of our pocket squares and scarves. We offer wide varieties of white boutonnieres that you may opt to, we have the edelweiss, white cherry blossoms, the white orchid is a great choice also it looks like a real orchid. We also have different kinds of white rose, the most popular flower, we have ivory spray rose, and the white spray rose. Other white boutonnieres that we have are the white ixia, white gardenia, white daisy, white marguerite, and white phlox. All of them are a wonderful and fabulous addition to your boutonniere collections!
1. Authentic Appearance. Most artificial boutonnieres can immediately be recognized as phony flowers from a distance and seem waxy and overdone when viewed up close. With great attention to subtle details, Fort Belvedere boutonnieres are carefully crafted and rigorously tested to ensure that they appear genuine and natural even in close proximity.
2. Custom Dyes and Handmade Quality. The secret to why this boutonniere seems so life-like is its quality construction. Highly customized coloring ensures that every flower perfectly matches its natural shade, and hand-dying of the silk petals guarantees a believable, organic appearance that can only be achieved by the attentive hand of a master craftsman.
3. Proper Buttonhole-Wear Construction. To cut costs, most modern boutonnieres are designed to be stuck in place with a pin. This clunky hardware looks positively disgraceful when compared to a proper boutonniere elegantly slipped into a buttonhole. Fort Belvedere boutonnieres are designed to be worn this way, just like real flowers were worn during the Golden Age of Menswear.
4. Correctly Sized & Proportioned. Too often, cheap boutonnieres are oversized due to the belief that “bigger is better”. This makes them look fake and overwhelms the entire ensemble. A tastefully sized boutonniere, however, will not only appear more natural but also afford a greater styling potential, as it can be worn with a pocket square without appearing excessive. It's for this reason that smaller boutonnieres were always favored by men of taste.
5. Secure Threaded-Wire Stem. Unlike other boutonnieres fixed on static pins or bars, Fort Belvedere boutonnieres have been designed with a threaded wire stem that allows for flexibility and improved positioning. This allows you to adjust the bloom to your taste, just like with a real flower, but with considerably improved positioning and range of motion.
6. Enduring Investment. Unlike real flowers, Fort Belvedere boutonnieres do not wilt. When properly cared for they will look as fresh as when they first arrived even after several years. Each boutonniere comes in a signature green Fort Belvedere gift box. It's the perfect way to store your boutonnieres.
How to Store These Boutonnieres?
To prevent damage to the delicate silk petals, do not crush, flatten, or roughly handle your boutonniere. For safe storage, we recommend keeping your boutonnieres in the Fort Belvedere gift boxes they came in, which have been specially designed to protect the boutonnieres.
When wearing your boutonniere, do not incessantly bend or twist the wire stem. This contributes to excessive wear and can cause the wire and stem to break apart.
How do you wear this boutonniere in your buttonhole?
Simply slip the wire stem through the front of your lapel buttonhole, with the bloom on the outside, and carefully adjust the stem so that the bud is positioned exactly as you like it.
If you have questions or need help with choosing a boutonniere for yourself or a loved one, please let us know, we are happy to help.
|Length||4.25" - 11 cm|
|Size||large 2.75" - 6.5 cm diameter|
|Fort Belvedere||Fort Belvedere|
Estimated delivery by: